- Quick Install
- Upgrading to a newer version
- Any kind of operating system. YaBook has been tested on both Linux and Windows.
- Apache webserver (http://www.apache.org ). YaBook works on both Apache 1.3.xx or 2.0.x. On Windows, it might work on IIS as well, but currently we are not doing any testing on it.
- One of the following database systems:
- MySQL 4.0.x/4.1.x database or later version (http://www.mysql.com ).
- PostgreSQL (http://www.postgresql.org )
- SQLite (http://www.sqlite.com )
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (http://www.microsoft.com/sql/ )
- The following database systems might be supported in the near future: FrontBase, Borland InterBase, Sybase
- PHP 5.2 or later version.
- Image Library: ImageMagick (preferred) or GD2 (This is optional, if you wish to use anti-flood image validation)
- of course all of it working together ... and a HTML-browser
For your information: the YaBook demonstration  we are using currently is actually served by a PHP 5.6.37 and ZendEngine 2.6.0 backend.
Installation of YaBook is EASY! There is not even an installation script required to run, because YaBook automatically detects a new installation. The current installation instructions are located in your YaBook distribution: /private/doc/INSTALL.
 Unzip the distribution and make sure you keep the file-structure
 Edit config.inc.php and enter your database information
At least, change the following settings:
$conf['dsn'] = array(
'username' => 'xxxxxxxx',
'password' => 'xxxxxxxx',
'database' => 'xxxxxxxx'
 Make the following directory writable:
chmod 777 private/log/
If your webserver runs under the same group as your user, chmod 660
might as well do it.
 Run YaBook!
That's it, you won't need any further install instructions, as
YaBook does automatically detect a new installation and creates
the needed tables in your database. Default configuration is good
in most cases.
Run index.php from your browser and enjoy YaBook!
 To configure your new installation, please log-in with the default
You should then enter the "User Administration" (link on top of page).
Either create your own user(s) and delete the default admin user or
at least change his password.
Upgrading to a newer version
Upgrading to a newer version of YaBook is easy. All you need to do is to replace the whole YaBook directory with the newer release files. You only need to re-enter the connection options of your database connection in the new config.inc.php. There is no further action required. YaBook will automatically upgrade your database scheme if required on the first web access to your YaBook installation. It will detect your previous version information and automatically runs an incremental upgrade.
URL of this document: