YaBook FAQ - frequently asked questions
This is a work in progress. If you have a question that you think would benefit others using YaBook, please add it to the comments and we will address it in this FAQ.
What would make this unique or different from any other guestbook ?
Here are just some points that make YaBook somehow different:
- easiest installation ever! There is not even an install script. Also, there will never be any upgrade script required to run manually. YaBook auto-detects a new installation and performs incremental upgrades if required.
- full PHP 5 support. YaBook is written for PHP 5. This is especially due to the framework Sourdough which is the base of YaBook.
- easy customizable with templates. In the future there will be a whole bunch of skins available. Also, you can embed YaBook easy into another site design without changing a lot.
- Administration is neatly integrated, this means the administrator does not need to click through tons of admin pages, he always finds the actions he needs to perform right next to the guestbook entries.
- similarity with its "sister" Pigalle (image gallery): If someone is using both he will notice the same concept, the same way of templating and the same great customizability.
- secure design. Only allows BBcode styled tags, URL hiding of submitted URL to prevent searchengines from grabbing, email obfuscation
- possible admin approval of new guestbook entries
- multi language support
- supports multiple DBS: MySQL (including the new mysqli extension), PostgreSQL, SQLite. Soon there will be support for MSSQL and maybe Sybase, InterBase, Frontbase.
- Anti-flood spambot protection by Captcha image verification.